Benefits of IBAN
- You can identify bank accounts across national borders;
- Facilitates automatic payment processing;
- Minimizes errors and manual interventions.
The IBAN code contains:
- IBAN can contain up to 30 alphanumeric characters for the bank account number. Its length is set by the bank that generates it.
- The first two letters represent the state code.
- The two digits behind them represent the control digits.
- IBAN in Albania consists of 28 alphanumeric characters and is built as follows : AL47 2121 1009 0000 0002 3569 8741
How can you use IBAN?
Once you receive the IBAN from your bank, you can give it to third parties who will send money in your favor (along with your name and that of the bank). Their bank (ordering bank) will be able to confirm the IBAN and send the funds in your favor. If the IBAN is correct, your bank will credit your account on the due date.
How can you get your IBAN?
- We recommend that you appear at one of our bank branches and ask to be provided with your IBAN.
- You can also find it in the documents for opening a new account.
- You can also find it in extracting your account.
OTP Bank Albania is not responsible for inconsistencies arising from incorrect placement of information in the IBAN generator. Please use this application considering the risks and only if you are confident in the required information.
Please be careful when:
- Choose your branch (should be the branch where you opened your account);
- Enter the account number;
- Give other parties the correct IBAN generated by this link
This application can be used to generate IBAN only for open accounts in our Bank. You can only generate your own IBAN and not the IBAN of other clients or your bank accounts.